Daenerys Targaryen is most discussed character whilst House Stark triumphs in the social chatter war
When Game of Thrones revealed its season 4 opener Way To Blue knew it was going to be one of the most discussed TV events of the year.
With a simulcast launch in the UK on Sky Atlantic and in the USA on HBO, expectation and excitement had reached fever pitch levels. Viewing parties with full Game of Thrones themed menus took place, and HBO’s GO player crashed under the weight of demand. The team here at Way To Blue wanted to know not only whether the social chatter for the Season 4 opener beat the Season 3 opener, but who were the most discussed characters, which new characters got the social platforms buzzing, and which house inspired the viewers to get posting?
Much like the Lannisters we always pay our debts, and below for your pleasure are the social winners for Game of Thrones. The Iron Throne awaits!
- The momentum for Game of Thrones just keeps on building. The season 4 opener ‘Two Swords’ defeated season 3’s ‘Valar Dohaeris’ in terms of volume of chatter (234,648 vs 310,595).
- Season 4 also triumphed in terms of Intent to View with 59,715 of the tweets about the season 4 opener talking about watching the show. This compares to 47,403 for Season 3.
- The Mother of Dragons herself Daenerys Targaryen, one of the claimants of the Iron Throne, was the most discussed character with 52,986 mentions, beating the incumbent monarch King Joffrey Baratheon with 52,440.
- Despite knowing nothing, Jon Snow was the third most discussed character with 50,698 mentions.
- The fighting continues between House’s Stark and Lannister and that enmity isn’t just reserved for Kings Landing. House Stark is in the public’s favour, at least socially, with 19,122 more mentions than its rivals.
Any questions then just send us a raven, or alternatively contact us at the address below.