Senior Designer / Creative Lead (US)
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Designer to join our talented team in Los Angeles, working with some of the biggest Entertainment brands in the world supporting the team on creative ideation and delivering all creative assets to clients.
You will be working on high profile accounts for Domestic and International film, TV and brand clients, proven experience in this industry is a must.
You will be part of a global team of entertainment specialists who internationally work across Insights, PR, Creative, Media Planning & Buying as part of the Way To Blue group.
We are a close knit team and have built our reputation on developing a collaborative, integrated environment – we genuinely want you to have a voice. This is an opportunity for a talented, self motivated designer who wants to create best in category creative.
Office hours don’t always follow a traditional environment, as our clients need us when they need us. On the flip side, we believe in flexibility and understand that there’s a life outside of work.
Working from design briefs from our Senior Social Media Manager, Client Services Director and clients, you will have a free hand to deliver back the best creative solutions. We have a strong international design heritage and we would expect your experience to reflect the latest in design standards and thinking. Whilst we love to challenge our clients, you will also need to have experience of working in the entertainment industry and often provide solutions to practical challenges.
A successful Senior Designer will show proficiency in the following:
COMPANY AND TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in brainstorming, office activities, staff meetings and select client meetings
- Meeting company, team and client deadlines in a timely manner
- Effectively prioritize and multitask across client and companies’ duties
- Educate the team in Los Angeles, and wider group on the latest design trends
- Desire to develop and nurture a creative team
- Come with a good understanding of the competitor landscape and industry
- Respond to client, team and supervisor creative briefs in a professional and timely manner
- Be able to make amends, quickly and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Own all creative output for the agency in Los Angeles
- Support team by suggesting ideas for creative, support creative ideation
Working with clients that include Universal, Fox, Warner Bros., IMAX, Nestle and Focus Features, the sky is the limit for what you might be working on next as each project requires new ideas and a bespoke approach.
The role is based in our Los Angeles office and reports into the Client Services Director.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 3-5 years agency experience (design, creative or digital specialization)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator / Photoshop / InDesign / Adobe After- effects and Dreamweaver, 3DS Max Max or Maya or Lightwave)
- Understanding of UX / UI is a bonus (not mandatory)
- Proven ability to create statics, 3D gifs, gifs, animation and micro videos for a variety of different media: Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, website etc
- Proven ability to conceptualize, produce and edit video
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A quick and confident visualizer – taking ideas and bringing them to life
- Working alongside our team to create scamp visuals
- Experience working with Keynote and Powerpoint would be a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Pride in your work and the creative you deliver
- Desire to work in a fast-paced international agency
- An interest and understanding of the film and entertainment industry
- Passion for film / entertainment, especially action and superhero movies
- Great personality who can juggle multiple projects and people and still hit deadlines AND maintain quality
About Way To Blue
We believe integrated communications should drive global real-time marketing. We are called on to consult, deliver and own campaign strategy and implementation. By listening (research), thinking (strategy), amplifying (PR) and engaging (social), we help our clients drive positive purchase decisions. Our business is founded on strong relationships, trust, quality and innovation. We are an ambitious global business that wants to create opportunity and desire for everyone to grow personally. If you’re interested in this opportunity or just want to get in touch, please send your resume to email@example.com